Faction Prodigy 2 Flat Ski 2023
The Prodigy 2 is the ultimate all-mountain shred-tool. Packing all the right ingredients to help you pop, stomp and surf all over the mountain, its Poplar Core is soft and poppy enough to butter those slushy rollers while maintaining stiffness underfoot, meaning the only way to beat your last run, is to go back up for another one.
Thoughtfully crafted from the durable topsheets all the way down to the perfectly finished bases, the Prodigy Series represents all that Faction stands for: Progression. Responsive wood cores, directional twin-tip shapes and versatile camber lines deliver confidence-inspiring performance. Quick to respond to commands and ultra easy to handle, the Prodigy skis are designed to elevate the skier’s game. Backed by a class-leading two-year warranty.
- Tip and tail rocker + traditional camber, for the perfect blend of high performance edge hold, easy turn initiation, and float in soft snow.
- Sustainably harvested, lightweight Poplar wood- Poplar is a light-colored, medium-weight, durable softwood that flexes and pops nicely as well as having a whole load of vibration absorption capabilities. Used as the only wood in this core, it allows the ski to pop, butter and stomp like an all-mountain freestyle ski and also have enough torsional stability to grip impressively on the downhill.
- We are working with our production partners to eliminate material waste. We now mix base, sidewall and topsheet material scraps back into the raw material used for production, reducing carbon emissions while ensuring the same level of quality & durability. As a fun fact, by integrating recycled materials into our ski bases, we reduce the ecological impact of our bases by 75%.
- In an effort to reduce the impact of our supply chain, we strive to source materials from European companies that are based near our factories.
- Our poplar, beech and ash cores are sourced from the forests that are growing near our European factories, eliminating the carbon cost of transporting raw materials across great distances. Our raw materials are FSC accredited. This means that the forests from which our wood is sourced are managed to support environmental and societal sustainability.
- XL 2.5 mm edges, compared to 2 mm industry average, built to last- Full Strength Sidewall, for the best-possible edge hold and protection of the wood core. A construction that places strips of protective material along the sides of each core, between the edge and the topsheet. Sidewalls provide the best possible edge hold and stability when the ski is engaged in a turn as well as protecting the woodcore, edges and topsheet from impact and outside damage.
- Elliptical Sidecut, longer radius underfoot for long, stable arcs and shorter radius in the tip and tail for awesome versatility, effortless turn initiation- Elliptical Sidecut is made up of a longer radius underfoot and shorter radii in the tip and tail of the ski. The long radius underfoot means you can pivot faster and easier, while a shorter radius in the tip and tail result in easier turn initiation. This sidecut allows for a wide variety of turn lengths, angles and mounting positions.
- Micro-cap construction is a hybrid of a premium, sandwich sidewall construction fused with a lightweight, durable cap construction. With micro-cap, the sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold and torsional stability while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, protecting the fragile joint that can be prone to chipping.
- The "Mustache Flex" offers stability underfoot for solid edge hold, with a smooth, progressive flex in the tips and tails to easily absorb all the different bumps and snow debris the mountain throws at you- This flex works best for most skiers. Enjoy stability in front of, and behind the binding area to provide solid edge hold. Then, we transition to smooth, progressive flex in the tips and tails to easily absorb all the different bumps and snow debris the mountain throws at you. This flex allows for progression and for an easier turn initiation and finish.
- Quality is sustainability. We craft durable skis for our fans to enjoy year after year. Using the most sophisticated machinery on the market, we rigorously test our materials & construction to ensure our skis stand up to the toughest abuse.
This is the ski for you if:
|You want stability and durability for crushing the park||You want a ski that carves hard, but also easily pivots and smears||You love to butter and ski backwards
|You love to ski and do tricks all around the mountain, not just in the park|