Trek Skye SL WSD 27.5 Mountain Bike 2018
LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT SIZE? EMAIL OR CALL US AT 802-422-9050 TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
*THIS ITEM IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR IN-STORE PICK UP. IF YOU'D LIKE TO ORDER THIS BIKE IN A DIFFERENT SIZE OR MODEL PLEASE CALL 802-422-9050 FOR AVAILABILITY.
Skye SL Women's is a quality introductory women's cross country mountain bike with front suspension, a frame and parts designed specifically for women, 24 speeds, and a wide range of gearing that's great for terrain that varies in elevation. It's built in Trek's trail heritage, but also equipped with details like mounts for a rack, kickstand, and fenders that make it a great choice for daily commuters.
It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail. You also side with women who prefer the fit and feel of a bike made specifically for them.
The tech you get
Skye SL Women's is equipped with a frame and touchpoints—like the saddle, bars, and grips—that can provide a better fit to women from the start. It has 24 speeds and a wide range of gearing, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a Women's Rider Right suspension fork tuned for lighter riders with 100mm of travel and a lockout feature.
The final word
The top-of-the-line model in the Skye Women's has performance features like suspension lockout, stronger double-walled rims, hydraulic disc brakes, and a frame and touchpoints designed for women. It's also equipped with rack and fender mounts and a wider range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.
Why you'll love it
- The women's frame with a sloped top tube is easier to mount and dismount for extra confidence on the trail
- It has a wide range of gearing that ensures you never have to pedal too hard or easy on terrain that varies in elevation
- Rack, kickstand, and fender mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Women's Alpha Silver Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, rack & fender mounts, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- Front suspension
- RST Gila, WSD Rider Right coil spring, preload, mechanical lockout, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Front Hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear Hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ front, 29x2.00˝ rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY700
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Shimano Tourney TY501, 42/34/24
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG20, 12-32, 8 speed
- KMC Z51
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Evoke 1 Women's
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite Plus, ergonomic
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8˝
- Tektro M285 hydraulic disc
- 15.5" - 13.87 kg / 30.58 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).