Trek Marlin 7 29 Mountain Bike 2018
This product is unavailable
LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT SIZE? EMAIL OR CALL US AT 802-422-9050 TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
*THIS ITEM IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR IN-STORE PICK UP. IF YOU'D LIKE TO ORDER THIS BIKE IN A DIFFERENT SIZE OR MODEL PLEASE CALL 802-422-9050 FOR AVAILABILITY.
Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and widest range of gearing in the Marlin family make this model the best choice for new riders who want a cross country hardtail with great parts that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
The flagship model of the Marlin lineup has a high-quality RockShox fork with a lockout feature and 100mm of travel, a 27-speed drivetrain, and a low-profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur that's made to avoid snagging on trail debris. The quality fork and parts make Marlin 7 fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
The final word
The RockShox suspension and wider range of gearing make it the best choice in the Marlin lineup for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money.
Why you'll love it
- Great suspension at an even better price
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- All the value, plus all the versatility—it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
- Alpha Silver Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, rack & fender mounts, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- Front suspension
- RockShox XC 30, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Front Hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear Hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ front, 29x2.00˝ rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Altus M2000, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M2000
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow
- Shimano MT100, 40/30/22
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG20, 11-34, 9 speed
- KMC X9
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Evoke 1.5
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager Race
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8˝
- Tektro M285 hydraulic disc
- 17.5" - 14.29 kg / 31.50 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).