Salomon MTN Touring Binding + Brake Black/Blue
Salomon’s first tech binding, the MTN. The MTN binding is light, fully featured, and fool-proof. The toe piece features a large, sturdy lever that’s easy to manipulate with frozen hands or thick gloves. A wide mounting pattern improves power transfer on wide skis, so you can confidently use the same binding on both your mountaineering and powder skis. A retractable toe guide makes it easier than ever to step into the binding and disappears once your boot is in, making technical skin tracks a breeze. The unique heel-piece features a “semi-adjustable” release value. The MTN binding includes three separate release value fork assemblies that can easily be swapped. Notably the spring swap changes both the lateral and forward release values, creating one of the lightest bindings with adjustment for release and boot sole length. The springs assemblies are labeled “Women, Men, and Expert,” but we would like to take a moment to humbly note that there are many girls in the Green Mountains and beyond that can ski harder than the Women's spring might allow. The heel housing sits on top of a stout baseplate with 30mm of fore-aft adjustment built in. On the roof are two risers strategically machined to keep weight to a minimum and durability to a maximum. Twist the heel housing 90° and you get a flat mode which makes long approaches much easier. The Salomon MTN binding is one of the most user-friendly tech bindings we have seen.
- A mere 592g per pair, the MTN binding is as light as it is burly.
- Integrated crampon receptor minimizes extra parts to deal with, lose, or break.
- Included leash can be used to set the heel gap at home or in the field.
- Women’s, Men’s, and Expert springs included for customizable release values.
- Two risers plus a flat mode adapt to the oncoming terrain.
- Wide mounting platform for high-speed stability and power transfer.
- Machined risers add versatility at a minimal weight.
- Long toe lever for extra leverage switching modes.
For high-performance alpine touring, the MTN binding boasts convenience, reliability and light weight. The precision Lowtech system has multiple height climbing aids with quick, easy access, while the wider screw pattern and integrated brake give you confidence descending.
Adjustment range (mm):30
Weight of 1/2 pair (in g):390