Salomon MTN Explore 88 Ski Flat 2020
The MTN Explore 88 Ski is Salomon's skinniest touring ski for long, technical mountaineering missions. Salomon's MTN Rocker shapes the ski to balance between efficient climbing and downhill performance. MTN Rocker gives a larger grip zone to assist with the skin, while the long edge initiates stable turning down sugary, dusty, or crusty couloirs. An 88mm waist keeps the ski light and nimble for navigating miles of rocky ridge traverses and steep scree fields.
Salomon built the MTN Explore out of a 3D Full Wood Core with a Space Frame 2.0 profile that removes wood from the sides in order to reduce weight without compromising stability. In face, the MTN Explore uses carbon and flax fibers to keep the ski torsionally stiff without adding much weight. This ski has a semi-sandwich construction with a capped tip and tail to add agility and reduce weight, and sidewalls at the body to enhance durability.
- Lightweight touring ski for backcountry and mountaineering
- 88mm waist is slim, nimble, and quick-to-turn
- MTN Rocker eases turn initiation
- Carbon and flax reinforcements dampen vibrations
- Semi-sandwich construction reduces weight and adds durability
- Skin Tail clip fastens skins securely