Trek Fuel EX 9.7 SLX/XT Full Suspension Carbon MNT Bike
This product is unavailable
It's right for you if...
You want one carbon trail bike that can take on every adventure, from flowy singletrack to the gnarliest descents and most brutal climbs. You don't mind sacrificing a little on the parts so you can get the best frame right now.
The tech you get
A lightweight and stiff full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with internal storage, a 140mm FOX Rhythm 36 fork, 130mm of rear travel with a FOX Float Performance rear shock with Trek's efficient RE:aktiv damper, a wide-range 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, Line Comp 30 TLR wheels with a 54 tooth Rapid Drive rear hub, a Bontrager Line dropper post, and powerful Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Full suspension control on a lightweight and trail-tough carbon frame makes for a fun and fast ride. It's rugged enough for rowdy descents, but still spry for lively climbing and accelerating.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Don't confuse Fuel EX 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market—this bike provides an outstanding frame and suspension, with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a handy spot to stow flat fixing supplies or gear
- Bigger, stiffer 36mm fork stanchions won't flex, so you can push harder with more precise, confident steering that helps you stay on your line
- RE:aktiv is smarter, more efficient suspension. It gives you firm pedaling support that instantly gives way over bumps
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝, and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels